[Wikipedia-l] Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 06:20:37 UTC 2004

Hi

I'd like to request a new Wikipedia for the Friulian language.

It has an ISO 639-2 code, although I don't recall what it is (perhaps fur?)

Friulian is spoken in Italy, and calls itself "Furlan".

As to whether I have any actual support from speakers of this language:

"Sorry for the delay in my answer. I would be very interested in
Friulian language; can you help? So far I found just another user who
wants to work on it. The main problem is that I don't have a pc
currently so I'm seldom online --Klenje 19:18, 29 Oct 2004 (UTC)"

(from my talk page)

This would be my third request for an Italian minority language
Wikipedia... having requested only a few Wikis, I find it quite
strange that three of them should be Italian minority languages (1.
Sardinian sc:, 2. Sicilian scn:, 3. Friulian)

--node