[Wikipedia-l] Chinese simplified-traditional conversion

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sat Oct 16 02:57:44 UTC 2004

I recall that ages ago there was a long (and almost acrimonious)
discussion regarding the possibilities (or lack thereof) of conversion
between traditional and simplified Chinese.

Well, I just ran across this app:

>> http://www.ideographer.com/chineserewriter/index_en.shtml
It's Shareware, but it may not be open source. Nevertheless, taking the
thing for a spin and maybe bugging the author with one or two questions
surely can't hurt. The app is for Mac OS X however, so for those poor
souls^W^W of us who don't have access to a Mac, you could either try
pearPC (but if you're only doing it to run this app, then that's using
heavy artillery to aim for sparrows) or see if you can email the author
anyway. I do have a Mac, but sadly I don't understand Chinese.

Anyway, I just meant to sent this to the list *just in case* it's of
use.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com