[Wikipedia-l] Who founded Wikipedia?

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Oct 5 12:32:48 UTC 2004

Michael Snow wrote:
> http://www.thelantern.com/news/2004/10/04/Campus/Larouche.Pac.Group.Sings.Shouts.Argues.With.Bush.Supporters-740977.shtml?page=2

In case they update the story, I wanted to preserve it in the logs for
posterity, it's just too funny...

"LaRouche, an outspoken political activist, set the record for
consecutive attempts at the presidency by running eight times. He
started Wikipedia.com, a Web site functioning as both a free
encyclopedia and a wiki community, which allows users to add
information to posted articles. He is known to be a promoter of
conspiracy theories and has frequently been accused of being a fascist
and an anti-Semite - claims he has denied."

Now you see, I've heard some interesting things before, but this one
is very perplexing.  I've had a hostile inquiry as to whether we're
funded by Rev. Moon before, but this was from someone mad at Ed Poor,
so at least I understood it.  I haven't heard Scientology yet, but
expect it, since they have worldwide headquarters not far from my
house.

But LaRouche?