[Wikipedia-l] Who founded Wikipedia?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 03:55:29 UTC 2004

Time for a little quiz.

Q. Who started Wikipedia?

a. Howard Rheingold
b. Jimmy Wales
c. Lyndon LaRouche
d. Larry Sanger

If you answered c, you too could work on the student newspaper at Ohio
State University! I guess the true nature of the Wikipedia cabal has
been revealed. Seriously, you just can't make this stuff up:

http://www.thelantern.com/news/2004/10/04/Campus/Larouche.Pac.Group.Sings.Shouts.Argues.With.Bush.Supporters-740977.shtml?page=2

Now the Howard Rheingold mistake, made recently by the International
Herald Tribune, I can vaguely understand. But this is so bizarre I can't
even fathom how they came up with it. Not even the most diehard LaRouche
activist has the imagination for this. I even spent some time googling
to see if this claim was being made anywhere that they might have picked
it up, and found nothing. Considering that Larry Sanger now teaches at
Ohio State, the situation is even more surreal.

Save your breath when it comes to flaming these poor souls, though, I've
already politely informed them of their mistake.

--Michael Snow