[Wikipedia-l] Problem in the Yiddish Wikipedia

Stirling Newberry stirling.newberry at xigenics.net
Tue Nov 30 07:32:30 UTC 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Jens Ropers wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2004, at 08:46, Fallout wrote:
>
>> Well, I think that sub-substubs like "a singer" would also be deleted
>> at
>> any other Wikipedia. ~~~~
>>
>> --
>> Ausir
>
> Are you sure?
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Pomme&oldid=18085
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomme
>
> ;-)
> \

the other solution to a sub-stub is to expand it. People who can't
expand a sub-stub because they are not language proficient should not
be deleting them. As well what is a "sub-stub" is community defined by
editors, and therefore should be left in each community to their own
understanding of the level of activity.

In short, if you can't fix it, you shouldn't be running around deleting
it.