[Wikipedia-l] Yiddish flame-war -- seems unnecessary...

Olve Utne utne at nvg.org
Mon Nov 29 07:42:50 UTC 2004

Hello Mark W., Stirling N., John Lee, Ingrid Mazeltov & whoever else is
interested,

I fail to see why all this inflammatory language is necessary -- or
constructive.
Instead of commenting on each offensive remark, I would like to adress the
actual issue at hand -- the Yiddish Wikipedia.

I agree with Mark W. that one should be careful deleting stubs -- even when
these are really rudimentary. I agree with Stirling N. that the quoted
examples are very rudimentary indeed (but not in his language...) -- and I
prefer to refrain from commenting Ingrid M.'s rather loaded remark.

As for the problem with the Yiddish Wikipedia, my personal experience is
that it is hard to work with because of the problems with the user
interface. Maybe someone could take the job to translate a new version from
the Hebrew interface -- which has already dealt with most of the RTL issues
at hand here.

And then I suggest to be liberal along the way concerning how rudimentary
the stubs can be without being deleted.

Meanwhile, maybe we here on wikipedia-l can agree not to try to kill each
other verbally and/or otherwise....? :)

Friendly greetings from

Olve