[Wikipedia-l] Re: Serbo-Croatian Wikipedia

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 17:47:40 UTC 2004

In message <co46ov$h7j$1 at sea.gmane.org>, Henry H. Tan-Tenn
<share2002nov at lomaji.com> writes
>I recall the Welsh WP (which I rather like) has a large Welsh flag with
>its red dragon prominently and (I imagine) proudly displayed on the
>main page. This could be interpreted in NPOV and POV ways.  I would not
>hazard a guess, but I personally am fine with it.  This is related to
>my claim that we bring values and experiences to the table which
>influence our judgement.

Well we do rather like our flag, but it's not all _that_ prominent -- it
doesn't show up until you scroll down a page on my display, anyway! It
does highlight a section of the home page where we explain in English,
Spanish and French what Welsh is and where it's spoken, and links to
another page where people have been kind enough to translate the same
into Arabic, Breton, Catalan, Dutch, German, Irish, Icelandic, Italian,
Japanese, Latvian, Letzeburgish, Lithuanian, Min-nan, Norwegian,
Romanian, Swedish and Vietnamese, most of which were beyond our
linguistic skills :)

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/