[Wikipedia-l] Re: Serbo-Croatian Wikipedia

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:51:27 UTC 2004

I agree, however apparently there is some reason (which I do not yet
fully comprehend) that we must be very careful with Wikipedias in
different languages. If you create one, I will be happy to add it to
http://www.bloglines.com/public/inactivewikipedias until it has
perhaps 100 articles which should prevent "squatting" (and I don't see
why squatting is such a huge concern anyways, it's still a very rare
occurance and should probably be treated as pure vandalism unless it's
actually in a real language).

So apparently every single language or dialect has to go before the
board and waste their time...

Anyhow I feel that this case is special as it does not have anything
to do with creating a new Wikipedia, but entails the very real issue
of sh.wikipedia, an already-existing Wikipedia with over 100 articles
(though many are inappropriate) that has been locked which may or may
not be appropriate for it at this time but needs further discussion,
and I feel wikipedia-l is the best place for such a discussion because
that way the international Wikipedia community has the chance to
participate.

Mark