[Wikipedia-l] Re: no:/nb:/nn:/etc. - modified suggestion

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Nov 17 08:44:00 UTC 2004

Olve Utne wrote:

> solid tradition. Should we then close down all but one of the four
> Scandinavian Wikipedias, as well as the Dutch one? And how about the

I personally think Bokmål, "a northern version of Danish", would be a
good candidate for the single language of a (re-)united Scandinavia.
Perhaps Gothenburg would be a good compromise for a common capital.
But we would have to find a way to turn back time some 150 or 200
years to make this real.  Or maybe 500 years.

All of Scandinavia was one united kingdom between 1397 and 1523,
as described in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmar_Union

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)