[Wikipedia-l] Baseldytsch Wikipedia: Who can put it online?

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:25:35 UTC 2004

I believe it was noted on the Requests for New Language page that
Baseldytsch is apparently significantly different from Alemannic, and
it has its own unique orthography and literature.

I'm not sure what I think in this case, but I think ultimately, if
Baseldytsch speakers believe a separate Wikipedia is nessecary, we
should let them have it. (if you go to the Ethnologue, some language
entries note that separate literature might be nessecary for some
dialect of the language because the speakers see it as another
language or for other reasons similar to this case)

Mark