[Wikipedia-l] Wikinews demo launches!

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Nov 15 20:25:05 UTC 2004

Jama Poulsen wrote:
> Has anyone been thinking about how Wikinews could cooperate with the
> Independent Media Center (IMC) project (http://www.indymedia.org)?

I think that the culture clash would be substantial.  Virtually all of
their text content is completely unusable due to strong POV.

I do think that Indymedia should use wikis, because I think that much
of their reporting could be strengthened by having an open editing
process.  Most of their worst biases would not last 5 minutes in an
open editing situation.  Even activists should learn that neutrality
is a powerful means to persuade people, as compared to radical
ranting.

--Jimbo