[Wikipedia-l] Fwd: Banned from editing except on en

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:41:55 UTC 2004

May I know exactly what behaviour you are referring to?

http://hy.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Hayk
http://ka.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Sopho&curid=841&diff=1633&oldid=1620

Is it perhaps http://fj.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page&diff=0&oldid=1454
?

Can I please see a specific policy page that says there's something
wrong with that? See other Wikipedias that do similar things for
example http://lv.wikipedia.org/ http://mn.wikipedia.org/
http://zh.wikipedia.org/ If you want to see it with an inactive
Wikipedia, try http://iu.wikipedia.org/

I have been accused repeatedly of posting "badly translated text" to
various Wikipedias, and I would like to say that the people who have
been making these claims don't even CLAIM to be able to speak the
languages in question and I assure you the text is not "badly
translated".

As far as being fluent in other languages, 英語だけで話せます ;P・・・NOT
自分は、少数言語が話せますが、英語を話すことができなくては明白ですね。

将来には、こんなに攻撃しなくてください。

うちなーぐちんはなやびらんなー;p

لا أتكلم ألإنجليزية

seriously though, what is wrong with knowing a few languages fluently
and knowing a few phrases in many others?

Mark