[Wikipedia-l] Salon du Livre Libre -- 18-22 nov 2004

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Sun Nov 14 08:10:42 UTC 2004

So, I'm involved with a group here in Montreal, Quebec, working on a
Salon du Livre Libre -- a Free Book Faire, highlighting Open Content
books and the public domain.

We'd love to have Wikipedians or Wikimedians come talk during one of our
discussions. Wikimedia is the biggest creator of Open Content reference
works in the world, and we think it'd be great to have representatives
(of varying credentials) talk about what Wikimedia is and how it works.
Especially in Canada, a bilingual country, Wikimedia's concentration on
multilingualism is an interesting issue that should be pointed up.

If anyone's interested in participating in this event, please contact me
or the people listed at the site below:

    http://www.salondulivrelibre.info/

Thanks,

~ESP