[Wikipedia-l] Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

A. Decorte klenje at adriacom.it
Fri Nov 12 16:25:25 UTC 2004

Hello, I'm the user (Klenje) who was quoted at the beginning in the request;
I'm
a friulian speaker, I'm active in italian wiki, and there are other friulian
people like me outside in the net (don't forget that Friulian is spoken by more
than half million people), therefore i think there is the chance for a decent
friulian wikipedia to be created; I can show you several site in friulian, and
if they aren't more, this is due to the policy of italian government which so
far doesn't promote minorities within Italy. Friulian speakers share this
problem with sardinian and sicilian ones, but in my opionion wikipedia could
help changing this situation; the only risk in creating a friulian wiki is the
possibility of vandalism, but every wiki is started from few users and there
are
many ways to prevent it.
Regards