[Wikipedia-l] Problems on the Kashmiri Wikipedia

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:24:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:12:36 +0000, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a call for help on the Kashmiri Wikipedia. There has been some
> conflict recently over which scripts ought to be used. If anyone has
> any experience with, or knowledge of, the Kashmiri language, I invite
> you to participate in the discussion at
> http://ks.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page
>
> Currently there seem to be only two users on this Wikipedia. One is Rk
> kaul, and the other is Node-ue. Rk kaul has accused Node-ue of
> vandalism since he is apparently replacing pages with some sort of
> unintelligible machine translation.
>
> An additional problem on this Wikipedia is that Node-ue has been
> editing under various sockpuppet accounts, and also anonymously. He
> managed to deceitfully gain adminship for two days after creating the
> account "User:Akka Akka" which was desysopped after complaints about
> his behaviour. He is also editing under the account "User:Bbbbbbbbb"
> and being generally abusive to the other user on the wiki.
>
> If anyone is able to help or offer suggestions, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Angela.

I resent this accusation.

As I have told Angela before, I am neither of these users.

It should be obvious from my support to many different small
Wikipedias that this is not the sort of thing I would do.

If I want to be abusive, I don't do it anonymously or under a name
that is not mine, I own up to it.

You may offer up tokipona: as evidence to the contrary, however I will
make two points on that: 1. I never said it wasn't me and took
responsibility for these actions immediately, 2. I did that IGF,
regardless of whether it was a good or bad decision, and I do not see
how such abuse as has occured on the Kashmiri Wikipedia by all parties
involved could be claimed to be IGF because I do not see how I or
anyone else could even try to begin to justify it.

For those of you that frequent #wikipedia, you will note that when I
get upset and use abusive language, I never do it anonymously.

After the very recent argument where in fact Angela and I took
opposing sides with regards to policy for creating new Wikipedias, I
don't see how anybody could reasonably pin such behaviour on me.

mark