[Wikipedia-l] Re: Day and month names

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Tue Nov 2 09:54:58 UTC 2004

James R. Johnson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>             I was recently asked on the Anglo-Saxon wiki if we could put the
> day and month names into Anglo-Saxon, but the only way I know of to do this
> is through the LanguageAng.php file.is there another way, or do I have to
> have that file installed by someone?
>
> Thanks,

Hello James,

Translations are added by developpers, they can't be customized.

Here is the list of data that need to be translated (I am not sure what
are the "-gen" ending strings for):

-------------->8-----------------------------------------------------
/* private */ $wgWeekdayNamesAng = array(
	'sunday', 'monday', 'tuesday', 'wednesday', 'thursday',
	'friday', 'saturday'
);

/* private */ $wgMonthNamesAng = array(
	'january', 'february', 'march', 'april', 'may_long', 'june',
	'july', 'august', 'september', 'october', 'november',
	'december'
);

/* private */ $wgMonthNamesGenAng = array(
	'january-gen', 'february-gen', 'march-gen', 'april-gen', 'may-gen',
'june-gen',
	'july-gen', 'august-gen', 'september-gen', 'october-gen', 'november-gen',
	'december-gen'
);

/* private */ $wgMonthAbbreviationsAng = array(
	'jan', 'feb', 'mar', 'apr', 'may', 'jun', 'jul', 'aug',
	'sep', 'oct', 'nov', 'dec'
);

Namespaces are translated in the LanguageXX.php file as well.

Once provided, a developper will create the LanguageAng.php file and
will make it available for all wikimedia websites.

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar