[Wikipedia-l] Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Tue Nov 2 05:47:02 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:

>If any of these measures get passed, the fork which I previously
>mentioned and was serious about pursuing but not too enthusiastic
>about will really become a priority and I will put lots of time and
>effort into it, and it may well attract other Wikipedians shocked at
>new linguistically-opressive policies.

Probably the right thing for you to do anyway, so that you're putting
in some real effort of your own, instead of telling everybody else
how they should be spending their time. Speaking as someone who's
dealt with forks and the threat of forks in the past, I think you'll
find that it's a lot of trouble; if you can't find five people to
work on language WPs, you're not going to find the resources to
keep a fork going either. But some people need to learn by doing,
and the creation of the fork will be a valuable learning experience
for you.

Stan