[Wikipedia-l] Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Mon Nov 1 18:34:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-11 at 13:34 +0000, Rowan Collins wrote:

> As has been pointed out, just the number of initial contributors is a
> bad indicator; but we do need some indication that a solid community
> is likely to emerge; and personally, I don't think number of fluent
> speakers (or even fluent speakers with net connections) provides this
> indication.

On Wikitravel, this is the deal:

     1. There needs to be at least 5 users pledged to start up the wiki.
     2. There needs to be one contact person for the new wiki.
     3. The contact person has to make a monthly report about the state
        of the wiki: what's been happening, advances, debates, changes
        in policy or guidelines, etc.
     4. If there's no or very little editing on the wiki for a month, or
        if the reports stop coming in, or if generally the thing just
        starts winding down, the wiki goes inactive. We turn off the
        wiki software, and make the content available in case someone
        else wants to use it.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>