[Wikipedia-l] Re: contributions to HU wiki

apogr info at apogr.hu
Mon May 31 06:29:42 UTC 2004

Being a linguist and a translator I was amazed at the size and complexity of
the wikiventure and thought I might supply some information that I was
familiar with to stubs and/or non-stub branches of HU/En forkings.
To test how much enrgy to invest in volunteering at all I posted two entries
for probe, one for both language portals. My first English bit was well
received and duly corrected as I wished for myself. Other points in
discussion had a mixed reception.
My Hungarian postings on lingusitic terms were met with doubt from very
first moment and I had an argument in Hungarian with the sysop, and decided
to leave it as it was. Let the technocrats rule the world and the paranoids
to take over and enjoy what will remain of it.
As a second instance recently I have logged in to give a definition of  the
word dictionary (probe number 2) and some lines on how/when to use
dictionaries on the net with ample links. That entry has been removed and a
notice appeared in its place saying that it was found to be derived from the
net from another person's brainchild, which was a bleeding lie and
assumption in bad faith, of course.
Then I decided to break it to you. And thank you for your comments, because
it helped me somewhat.
So my latest is that the entry has been reversed since yesterday, but the
item remains in quarantine and is not moved to the set of searcheable
entries.
Indeed, you must watch out for Al quaida and the rest of the terrorists who
are planting verbal bombs just to shake your tower of Babel. Oh, my foot.
P.S. Besides P.G., I do not know of any other Hungarian wikipedians by name,
so there is no forum to discuss the issue any further. Tough luck.
F.K.