[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia Community Day in Berlin

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon May 24 00:41:00 UTC 2004

On June 13, 2004 - one day after the "Wikipedia and Friends" panel at the
Wizards of OS conference, see http://www.wizards-of-os.org - there will be
a Wikipedia/Wikimedia community meeting in Room H2033 of the Technical
University Berlin (main building at Ernst-Reuter-Platz/Straße des 17.
Juni). See

http://www.tu-berlin.de/eng/about_tu/anreise.htm

for more information on how to get there. There are over 60 seats.

This will be an opportunity to meet Wikipedians from Germany, Europe, the
United States and elsewhere, including Jimmy Wales. It will also give us
eight hours or more to discuss issues of importance to Wikipedia and the
Wikimedia Foundation.

One primary concern for the German Wikipedians is the setup of a German
daughter organization of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. The formalities of
this process will be discussed.

The results of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, closed
on Saturday, will be officially announced. The meeting can also be used to
discuss Wikipedia's internal policies, those of our sister projects like
Wikibooks and Wiktionary, possible future projects for the Wikimedia
Foundation, effective fundraising, quality control mechanisms, and the
print edition.

A tentative agenda is being developed at
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Community_Day

This page will be translated into English as soon as it has reached a
stable state. If you don't speak German you can already register yourself
and suggest issues to discuss on the talk page ("Diskussion" link). If
there's enough international interest we can move the whole thing to Meta
and continue to develop it there.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who will come.

Regards,

Erik