[Wikipedia-l] Re: Attack against chinese wiki

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Thu May 20 10:15:11 UTC 2004

Hello People,

thanks for everyone who have offered help, who have helped and who have
given advise. This was the second time that we experienced such an attack,
and the attack took place as most of our sysops (located at UTC+8h) are
offline. I think we are also learning how to handle such things. And your
advices are very valuable for us. It's a pleasure and it's very moving to
get so much helps from so different places arround the world so fast. Thanks
anyway, this is a great community and I believe I can speak for all chinese
wikipedians that we are happy to be a member of it.

I want yet say one thing. My own oppinion about the deleteBot. I personally
don't like this ideal, because such a tool, powerful it is, could also used
to do great devastation, and one cannot expect that such lots of people
would be careful for all their live. So please let it unused and we would
contact the developers properly next time.

Wing.