[Wikipedia-l] Deletion bot

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Wed May 19 06:38:00 UTC 2004

After the recent vandal attack on zh:, I have written a bot to enable
faster deletion of pages. Basically, it shows each page in a list, and
asks one whether to delete it. Because of the contentious nature of the
bot, I prefer not to give out the code freely (although it is actually
very simple), but trusted users with some experience in large-scale
vandalism repair can ask for it.

Note that this bot is meant to be used ONLY in cases of large-scale
vandalism, NOT for normal deletion.

Also note that Tim is fully correct in stating that a developer could
do things even easier.

Andre Engels