[Wikipedia-l] Re: I want to start a new language... with the code"eg" please.

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon May 17 21:04:29 UTC 2004

Jimmy Wales wrote:

> What is our policy on constructed languages?

You tell me ... from what I've heard it's pretty messed up :/

> (1) the language is a joke or vanity project  [...]
> For example, it would be bad to have a Klingon Wikipedia, I think.

I totally don't get this. You call Klingon a "joke project" when it has
a strong following, widespread enthusiasm, a complete grammar and
vocabulary, etc., but then you allow something like Toki Pona, which is
hardly even a language and arouses interest solely by being very much
indistinguishable from a joke.

I don't understand this.

Timwi