[Wikipedia-l] press

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 20:55:42 UTC 2004

Just a reminder :-)

The goings on meta try to keep you informed of what is
going on on the various, and especially what could
perhaps interest you as far as meta is concerned. The
goings on wait for your input as well :-)

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goings-on

Amond some of the topics active on meta these days

------

* http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_content

Brainstorming (but let's take our time to do it :-))
about what to do with potentially disturbing images

------

* http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translators

A work by Sj and Jmabel, to organise translations
around; Imagine.... next time we have a press release
to send together, we could fix the translations within
a few days in all languages...

------

* http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Corps

You have a camera, you like free pictures, you love
sport and the super bowl is happening JUST in your
city

(replace SuperBowl by Cannes festival, Earth Summit,
Volcano eruption, Jimbo visiting, or whatever)

What about covering the event, and telling *all*
wikipedians about your great pictures ?

See the future... what about having a team, covering
press events... picking up news ourselves instead of
waiting for them to come back through regular media ?

Can you picture a wikipedian "journalist", droping by
at an Earth Summit, with a camera in one hand, and a
bunch of WikiReaders about Global Warming in the other
hand ?

Hu, why not ?