[Wikipedia-l] WikiReader production

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed May 5 21:13:05 UTC 2004

I have sent 3300 EUR from the foundation account to Erik Moeller on
behalf of Thomas Koll for the purchase of a print run of WikiReaders.

These funds are for the purchase on behalf of the foundation of the
WikiReader printing run of Thomas Koll as per our emails on the
subject.  Thomas is to sell the Wikireaders on behalf of the
foundation, keeping a portion of the profit for himself, remitting the
rest of the profit plus the original cost to the foundation.  The
books are to be the property of the foundation, so that if any are
left over, Thomas will not owe any money in return (just the leftover
books!)

I am going to personally guarantee the Foundation's risk, so that if
this project is not successful, the Foundation will not be out any
money.  Let me repeat that last -- since this is an experiment, I want
to make sure that no donor money is risked in the project, so I am
personally pledging to make up any shortfall which may result from
this.

If this project is successful, it may provide for a very interesting
"grass roots" way for volunteers to help spread the word about
wikipedia.

--Jimbo