[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Re: Contributors list

Till Westermayer till at tillwe.de
Sat May 1 10:00:43 UTC 2004

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . till we *) . . .

Hi Michael,

>Section 4B allows the authors to release you from the requirement
>to identify five principal authors. Since the title of the article
>functions as the Title Page for GFDL purposes, and because we have
>never, as far as I know, identified principal authors along with
>the title of the article, I would argue that the release applies.
>Given our existing practices, we should take the position that all
>contributors have implicitly released us from the requirement to
>list authors on the Title Page. This would also neatly eliminate
>the problem of how to identify "principal authors".

... and for future modifications we could make this release explicit by
stating it on the edit page!

 __ .
 / / / /                            ... Till Westermayer - till we *)
. .
  . mailto:till at tillwe.de . www.westermayer.de/till/ . icq 320393072
  . Habsburgerstr. 82 . 79104 Freiburg . 0761 55697152 . 0160 96619179
  . . . . .