[Wikipedia-l] Custom Logo

jneden at bellsouth.net jneden at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 27 03:52:02 UTC 2004

Hi guys

Haven't had much wiki'ing time lately. I started a new job, have been college testing like crazy (entrance/placement exams, CLEP [similar to AP], etc.), plus personal life stuff, so I have been busy!

I would like to thank Srtxg and whoever else it was (an IP ^_^) for helping to create the ᏂᎰᏂ (Nihoni - Japan) page on the Cherokee Wikipedia. I had authored that map some time ago and was having trouble with the uploading (the server was doing something rather odd, which seems to be under control now). ᏍᎩ!]

I particularly like that you threw in the following code:

[[af:Japan]]
[[ar:يابان]]
[[ca:Japó]]
[[cs:Japonsko]]
[[cy:Siapan]]
[[da:Japan]]
[[de:Japan]]
[[el:Ιαπωνία]]
[[en:Japan]]
[[eo:Japanio]]
[[es:Japón]]
[[fi:Japani]]
[[fr:Japon]]
[[ga:An tSeapáin]]
[[he:יפן]]
[[hu:Japán]]
[[it:Giappone]]
[[ja:日本]]
[[ko:일본]]
[[ms:Jepun]]
[[nl:Japan]]
[[no:Japan]]
[[pl:Japonia]]
[[pt:Japão]]
[[ro:Japonia]]
[[ru:Япония]]
[[simple:Japan]]
[[sl:Japonska]]
[[sv:Japan]]
[[tl:Hapon]]
[[ur:نیہون]]
[[zh-cn:日本/简]]
[[zh-tw:日本/繁]]

Where can I get that? :) That's awesome! That gives me some motivation to do the ᏂᎰᏂ page. I'll be patterning it, at least in format, after:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%AF%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F

That looks great! Thank you!

Now, I have a favor to ask of you guys. Would somebody please create a custom Wikipedia for me, and, if you feel particularly industrious, please upload it and place it on http://chr.wikipedia.org for me? I would be highly appreciative!

Wikipedia: ᏫᎩᏇᏗᎥ (Wikiquedia)
The Free Encylopedia: ᎠᏎᏊᎢ ᎠᏓᏃᎮᏎᏗ ᎪᏪᎵ (Asequui Adanohesedi Goweli)

(Cherokee uses a block-format syllabary; capitalization almost never used.)

You may need a font for this. I would recommend that you try the Aboriginal Serif and Aboriginal Sans fonts, available here:

http://www.languagegeek.com/font/fontdownload.html

Just use whichever you thinks looks the nicest. Traditionally, the Cherokee syllabary is always printed serif, but the handwritten forms are almost always sans. (The presence of serifs distinguishes certain letters, such as Ꮤ and Ꮃ, but it doesn't really matter at all, as long as a few particular glyphs are distinguished from one another within a font or handwritten style.)

Again, I would be very appreciative if you could do this for me. Thank you!

 -- Jeremy