[Wikipedia-l] China ban confirmed

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 21:41:12 UTC 2004

--- Pratyeka <walter at pratyeka.org> wrote:
> NatKrause emailed me on Sunday morning to ask if it was just his
> connection.  I confirmed the news from here from another part
> of China.
>
> Nat suggests the ban has been in place since early June 9 or late
> June 8, China time.  If you look at his and my user histories
> (except for my proxy login yesterday) it should narrow down the
> timeframe.
>
> Yesterday I posted the news to Current Events but it was removed
> due to being 'unconfirmed'.
>
> Please consider this news confirmed.

When we confirm a source fact ourselves, then that is journalism and not
encyclopedia writing (encyclopedias are secondary sources, not primary ones and
we require links to news articles after every entry at [[Current events]]).
Perhaps this might be a good time to launch Wikinews?

But the confirmation of the block saddens me greatly. :(

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)