[Wikipedia-l] Re: Fundraising

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 00:43:21 UTC 2004

--- Walter Vermeir <walter at wikipedia.be> wrote:
> Do not forget that by using PayPal WikiMedia is wasting a lot of money.

When you consider the fact that so many people already know about and use
PayPal, then 4.5% to 7.6% overall charges don't seem that bad (much less than
sales tax in most places). But yes, MoneyBookers is cheaper (and in 4
languages).

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_PayPal_donations_for_2003

> Befor asking even more money a cheaper donation channel should be explored.
>
> Please see
> http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Fundraising_page#MoneyBookers

We already have a MoneyBookers account. I simply have not looked into how to
set up an easy way for people to donate using it yet (like I've already done
for PayPal). But I just added the single button - donors will have to
copy/paste or type our account name in order to donate.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)