[Wikipedia-l] Re: Fundraising

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 12:00:48 UTC 2004

I also think we are reaching a point where perhaps
someone will need to be hired.

However, I'd like to point out that it seems to me
that more organisation would be a good way to go as
well. No person on a payroll is ever available 24
hours a day, so just paying *one* person to do
technical maintenance will *not* suffice to fix
technical issues such as what happened two days ago.

When WP blew up, Brion was not available, not
reachable. Several developers spent a lot of time
trying to fix things. They tried to contact Brion and
Shaihulud. No one had Shaihulud references. Perhaps
would it be best that more developers are involved,
that they can contact one another more easily, that
they are more up-to-date with infrastructure status
and caracteristics ?

Now, should we start a fundraising campaign ?