[Wikipedia-l] Article validation (was WikiReader Free Software and Free Contents)

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 08:21:17 UTC 2004

--- "Thomas R. Koll" <tomk32 at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:01:48PM +0200, Anthere
> wrote:
> > Neat ! I like the idea of double language.
> >
> > Who is reviewing the contents of the articles just
> before you generate
> > the pdf ?
>
> I gonna do as much as I can, but I need help in this
> review process.
> There are already a few like CatherineMunro helping
> and those will
> get their name in the impress (there's also a
> *complete* list of
> registered authors).
>
> ciao, tom

Hi Tom.

Yes, you need help. You already did something great in
organising the first publication of our content, which
was a serious step in the good direction :-) Thanks a
lot for doing this.

But you can't do it all alone. Publication should be a
team process and article validation is part of a
several step process.

Imho, no article should be printed with Wikimedia
approval/support, with no specific review beforehand.
Just because if the article contains a mistake (which
may or may not be obvious to you), the mistake can't
be
fixed on a pdf (...) and that could tarnish Wikimedia
image.

There have been several times discussions about
article validation (or certification ?). But afaik, it
was never done till any conclusion and decision of
action.

I think that it is high time that this is discussed
anew. I have a couple of ideas about this, and I think
some could reduce a bit tensions which exist on
en:wiki right now (and on de: as well, as I recently
heard), and at the same time increase cooperation and
people recognition. But I would be happy to hear about
other people opinion on that matter. I also know that
several people have good ideas on this as well. So...

I set a page on meta to host this discussion, or to be
the recipiendary of mailing list discussions.

Please help here :
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_validation