[Wikipedia-l] China goverment maybe blocked wikipedia today

Jiong Sheng sheng.jiong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 07:43:07 UTC 2004

It seems that PRC has indeed blocked Chinese Wikipedia. I reckon (and
hope) that it is only temporary, as today is June 4 and usually many
foreign websites are inaccessible on this particular day. But some
also suspect that it may be because of some artciles relating to
Taiwanese independence written by Taiwanese contributors.

Currently Chinese Wiktionary is still accessible from mainland China,
and we are calling all Chinese Wikipedians that have read this message
to go to http://zh.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:%E5%95%A4%E9%85%92%E9%A6%86#%E5%B0%81%E9%94%81
for discussion.

Chinese Wikipedia Administrator
formulax