[Wikipedia-l] the default font size on Chinese Wikipedia

ruimu uestc ruimu at uestc.edu.cn
Thu Jun 3 04:56:26 UTC 2004

"André Müller" : In fact I also used to like that the default font was
"Times New Roman", a font of which I'm kind of a fan of, hehe... but that
might be merely subjective and too much to ask for.

No, it's not subjective. Have a look in a newspaper : sans serif fonts like
Arial are commonly used for titles. Serif fonts like Times New Roman are
used for smaller texts, as serif (the little toes at the end of legs and
arms of letters) are helping a lot the eyes in recognising small letter in
sentences, and were designed for that purpose. I really like the new design,
even if I ave to get used to it a bit, but I think changing the font to a
sans-serif one is not an improvement, especially for those having strong eye
glasses like me.

(gbog)