[Wikipedia-l] comment on wikipedia

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 19:46:55 UTC 2004

From: "Evan Prodromou" <evan at wikitravel.org>

>     AT> This brings up an interesting point regarding copyright. If
>     AT> the content is so generic as just to be knowledge then it is
>     AT> not really copyrightable as it would fall in the public
>     AT> domain.
>
> That's absolutely 100% not true. Copyright is on expression of facts,
> not facts themselves.
>
> You need to read up on [[:en:copyright]], bub.

Ha, ha, very funny, bub-you.  If it is just knowledge then it would fall
into the
public domain as the expression would be totally uncreative. I don't think
you don't have good comprehension skills. Perhaps you did not read that
part where I said "it is so generic as just to be knowledge" such generic
expresssion cannot be copyrighted, or if it is subject to copyright it is
so de minimus as to be trivial. You cannot copyright a sentence such as
"New York is the financial capital of the world." It is trivial expression,
believe it or not.

 (BTW I am a entertainment lawyer, I know what I am talking about,
what are your qualifications as a copyright expert?).

Alex756