[Wikipedia-l] Re: Proposal: foundation-l

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 21:11:09 UTC 2004

Walter Vermeir a écrit:
> Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at ...> writes:
>
> [cut]
>
>>This would have to be set up by Brion or Jason. Alternatively, I can set
>>up a new forum at http://boards.wikimedia.org.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Erik
>

> This is the first I read about the forums at http://boards.wikimedia.org

They are very recent. And they were announced :-) (on wikien at least,
but since they are only for en: right now...)

> The seem to be used by the English Wikipedia for Mediation en Arbitration. That
> is fine (= I do not care about it).
>
> But please do not use forums like that for global, important stuff. Use a
> mailing list.

We tried to discuss mediation by mailing lists, that is not very
practical either.

> It may look an good idea to create an new special list for this. But the
> reality proves that topic specific lists are not very successful.

Please, let's not multiply the mailing lists.

> Not much used
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilegal-l

I do not use it because it is not on gname.

> absolute failure
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/announce-l

We can't always succeed :-)