[Wikipedia-l] Re: foundation of a German registered association

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Mon Jan 26 19:02:46 UTC 2004

Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> writes:

>>    "Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens",
>>
>> that nearly means
>>
>>    "Wikimedia Germany - society for promotion of free knowledge".
>>
>> "Friends of wikipedia e.V." and several other variants was discussed
>> but for some reasons not wished by the majority.

The majority didn't speak up that far, approx. 10-12 writers did
participate in the discussion thus far.

> 2.  Wait on actually forming anything at least until we get a German
> lawyer to talk to me about all the ramifications.  If you simply MUST
> form something now, please make it very clear that it can only be a
> "friends of Wikipedia" unless it is blessed by the board of the
> existing foundation.

Yes, that's also my proposal.  Such a association/name would be good
enough for talking to the press and even for collecting money.
But honestly, since the said domain wikipedia.de is back again, there
is no need to hurry up and founding something.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)