[Wikipedia-l] Re: Bylaws Part IV

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 12:38:31 UTC 2004

Sorry, but I still do not understand why it is there at all (I mean
under the paragraph about resignation as a member of the association)

What you say is that at any time, Jimbo (or the board) can just delete
any one account. I agree with this naturally. But that is true of
absolutely any user. Be it a trusted user, a new user, a bugging user, a
banned user, or a vandal. And be him registered in the association or
not registered.

This is true for everyone, for any user.

So, why is this only mentionned under the paragraph about those who are
just resigning from the association ? Either this is mentionned for
absolutely all users, or it is not mentionned at all.

Say, if I register to the association next month.

Then, for some personal reasons, I decide to unregister (for example, if
I wish not that my name appear in the list any more), why should I have
my account on wikipedia itself deleted ? Why more than right now as I am
not a member at all ? What is the difference ?