[Wikipedia-l] bylaws III

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jan 24 19:00:47 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

>  F. HONORARY MEMBERSHIP: An Honorary membership may be bestowed upon
> any person or organization who has made a significant contribution to
> the Foundation upon a recommendation by the Board of Directors and
> approval by the general membership at the General Meeting of the
> Foundation. Honorary members shall not be required to pay dues and
> shall not be eligible to hold office or vote.
>
> What do we define as approval by the general membership ?

Normally this would refer to a meeting of all members;  including this
reference suggests that a vote at other times, such as by a general vote
on a Meta page, would not be valid.  Unfortunately, no provision has
been made in the by-laws for such a meeting.  There is also nothing in
the by-laws to define "Board of Directors".  The simple fact that the
term was used suggests that it is at least something different from the
Board of Trustees.

Ec