[Wikipedia-l] Re: New edit modus

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Jan 24 12:26:03 UTC 2004

> Eloquence wants to implement a default edit mode
> using click-buttons for formating.

I've tried the feature and it seems extremely buggy (whether the bugs
are in the features or in browsers is irrelevant).

Using that to teach newbies wiki syntax is like putting someone in a car
that has a number of malfunctions and hoping they'd use it to learn to
drive.

Implementations of the same kind of toolbar that I have seen elsewhere
(namely, LiveJournal ;-) ), weren't any better. Fortunately, they were
wise enough to not make it default.

I strongly vote against enabling it by default.

Timwi