[Wikipedia-l] Bylaws Part IV

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 09:10:12 UTC 2004

Section 4.2. WRITTEN RESIGNATION. Any member may resign from the
Foundation by submitting a written resignation to the Secretary. Such
resignation shall be effective as of the date received by the
Foundation, unless said resignation specifies another date. The Board at
it’s sole discretion may maintain or remove any such user’s account from
any of its projects upon such resignation.

Wait a minute there...Why should resignation from the wikimedia
foundation have ANY sort of relation with the fact of being allowed to
contribute to Wikipedia ?

Are we writting here that the board may have the right to erase a user
account from Wikipedia, just upon the argument that the user in question
decided to resign from the foundation ?

Are we saying that the board of the foundation is having any power as to
decide who is allowed or not allowed to have an account ?