[Wikipedia-l] foundation of a German registered association

Ivo Köthnig koethnig at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 23 20:23:28 UTC 2004

> I hereby appoint Kurt to be Vice President, Germany, of the
> international Wikimedia Foundation.  It's as easy as that, you know.

No, I dont know! May thats one of the problems. You do not exacly know how the
"e.V." would work. And we (or I) do not know how the international Wikimedia
Foundation works. May that should be explained in more detail and translated
to the importand languages...

> There is nothing to limit participation in the existing foundation,
> for anyone on earth.

Without having problems with the language!

> > Or let there be some problems with copyright and someone in germany
> > get sued?  An offical german organisation could help much faster in
> > that case.
>
> Yes, I can see that might be possible, but it is for this reason that
> I think it wise if we consult with a German attorney.

That needs money again. And until know there is no wikipedist in germany who
does not says... "but I am not a lawyer". :-(
May your idea with the mainpage will work...

--Ivo Köthnig