[Wikipedia-l] Moneybookers, e-Gold

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Jan 23 19:38:19 UTC 2004

We are now setup with http://www.moneybookers.com , a service similar
to Ebay that I am told may be easier to use for Europeans.

I have tested every aspect of this, except for actually withdrawing
money.  The account is just a little shy of the minimum amount
required for a withdrawal.  If some advocate of moneybookers wants to
help out, a small (5 EUR, roughly) donation would put enough into the
account for me to finalize testing the withdrawal mechanism.

I see no reason why it should not work, though.

I also investgiated e-Gold and decided not to pursue it at this time.
Too many payment options will be confusing, and I saw no actual
advantages too the e-Gold system.  Several aspects of their website
returned server errors for me, and this did not instill confidence in
them.  The whole thing seemed rather questionable.

But, I would be willing to take another look a few months from now,
if there's really strong demand for that.

--Jimbo