[Wikipedia-l] Re: foundation of a German registered association

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Fri Jan 23 15:32:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

(...)
> I doubt there is any legal way to have a foundation subsidiary here in
> Germany  that is under german law (important for tax exemption and so
> on), open for  german members but still completely controlled by the
> foundation. The highest  board of every german e.V (and also of a german
> foundation) are democratic  institutions, so everything is controlled by
> the members. If you want to open  the organization for other members
> than the foundation (and you need at least  7 members for an e.V), you
> *must* give up control. I think that will hold true  for every EU
> country, not just for Germany.
(...)

For the French organisation, we will have in the status something as "a
representent of the Wikimedia Foundation" has veto power over such and
such decisions". It has to be precisely defined yet.
This is legal in France for non profit organisations.

Just my 2 cents.
Yann

--
http://non-violence.org Site coopératif sur la non-violence