[Wikipedia-l] Inquiry from a reporter

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Thu Jan 22 21:33:13 UTC 2004

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Size_of_Wikipedia

> 2. Some time ago, I saw where someone had done a comparison of
> Britannica versus Wikipedia articles, some 200 articles compared as I
> recall.  Where is that?  How old is it?  Have there been other
> comparisons done?

There are two quality comparisons that I am aware of:
 I can only find one at the moment, though:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Wikipedia_Quality_Survey

Also, for comparing wikipedia with britannica and encarta quantitatively, I
have done the following:

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Snoyes/compare

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc