[Wikipedia-l] toolbar

Ivo Köthnig koethnig at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 22 01:34:38 UTC 2004

I like this feature, although I just can use the "Example-Version", since I
use the Konqi. But since I will never use it, til it work for Konqi too, there
should be an option in the user-preferences to switch of this toolbar.

There should be 3 states:
1. Toolbar for every browser (may just in the "example-version")
2. Toolbar just for browsers it works in the original way
   (no "example-version")
3. No toolbar.

Second should be default for logged in users. First should be the default for
IP-Adresses.

> > However, I'm not in love with the icons. They look like buttons but
> > don't have a "pushed" state
>
> I'm not sure if adding a mouseover effect would make sense, but if you
> think so, feel free to submit pushed state buttons.

I am not sure, if David means that, but I would prefer this too.

Since I can not test this, I have a question. Does the toolbar recognize, if
the selected Text is (as an example) already bold and will delete this
formating, after clicking the bold-button again?

(I guess, this was what David means with "pushed state buttons". If the text
is bold, the button is shown in the "pushed" version)

Regards
Ivo Köthnig