[Wikipedia-l] Toolbar

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 23:12:08 UTC 2004

I would like to apologize for being unnecessarily rude in defending my
invention. I hope it's understandable that after spending several hours
working on something, you become a bit defensive about it. Especially as I
developed this not for me, but to help newbies.

I still would like to suggest that we wait for some general feedback
regarding the "Click + get example text" feature before deciding to show
no toolbar at all for some browsers, i.e. that we run it for a trial
period of a couple of weeks. Maybe that will also lead to some ideas on
how to improve it without turning it off. The following should work in all
browsers, in case you have any ideas:
- change a textfield - overwrite it, append to it etc.
- change the status bar (at the bottom of the window)
- show a messagebox
- show a popup window

I have also contacted several Mozilla developers to search for a
workaround of the scrolling bug which I've reported.

Regards,

Erik