[Wikipedia-l] the tool bar : disable it in some browsers (or fix

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 04:07:31 UTC 2004

Erik wrote:
>I did listen, and I said more than that. Having a way to quickly and
>intuitively find out the basic layout functions is useful, and I see no
>reason not to give the 5-10% of non-IE users that functionality.

I and others have already given you a reason! The 2) feature is non-intuitive and confusing. I
found it very frustrating to select text and then do the *natural* thing by hitting the big fat
bold B, expecting the text to either become bolded or for markup needed to turn the text bold to
be imputed. This did not happen. My cursor jumped to this odd text field at the top of screen and
with very unhelpful '''Bold text''' there. That was not what I expected, so I repeated the same
thing think I did something wrong.

I am a user and I am telling you that that was not a nice or useful experience. Yet you still in
effect say "nonsense*.

--mav