[Wikipedia-l] mirror of Dutch Wikipedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 19:11:32 UTC 2004

Erik van den Muijzenberg wrote:
>Brion just informed me it seems to be *not* a mirror.
>Looks like it just fetches the requested page from our server,
>reformats it to their own liking, and displays it.

That's not very nice at all.

>As their server is not in production it hardly takes bandwith
>or CPU-capacity.

Not yet. But when they get a lot of hits that is going to slow our servers
down. In a sense our servers will be feeding content to a website that may
put adverts all around it and /not/ give us the correct credit.

That's just not nice. They need to use a backup dump and host the content
themselves while following our liberal interpretation of what the GNU FDL
requires.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)