[Wikipedia-l] mirror of Dutch Wikipedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 17:16:58 UTC 2004

Erik van den Muijzenberg
>This ISP is using a Wikipedia-logo of their own,
>and on all pages the title-tag says '[ISP-name]
>partner Wikipedia'.

They cannot say they are a partner with us because they are not. They cannot
also use our logo without our consent, which they do not have.

>There is no link to the GNU-license, and the
>pages are not stating they were copied from
>Wikipedia.

This is in clear breach of our license. Somebody should tell them what needs
to be done in order to comply. Otherwise they cannot use any Wikipedia
content.

>However they have a link to the original
>page on the Wiki-server.

That much is good. You may want to tell them that simply hosting the printable
versions of the French Wikipedia will put them into GNU FDL compliance (there
should be a link-back, statement that the article was retrieved from
Wikipedia, and link to the GNU FDL on each printable page).

--Daniel Mayer (aka mav)