[Wikipedia-l] registering Wikipedia as a trademark

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Thu Jan 8 03:44:41 UTC 2004

First I wanted to name this thread "How to spend the money", but I guess
  it's better to open Pandora's box bit by bit.

So what about registering Wikipedia (and also Wikimedia?) as a
trademark? I think we can afford it now, and I also think it's important
enough to do it. But in which countries? Maybe in those where the
languages of the biggest five or ten Wikipedias are spoken?

If there is no reaction I consider this as approval and will organize
the registration for Germany. It costs 300 Euro and lasts for 10 years.

Kurt